Cat Game Prototype

Over the last month or so (Oct/Nov 2017) I set myself a little exercise to update my portfolio (as I haven't been recently) and to play around with elements of Unity I was less familiar with. The object? To create something playable in Unity.

During university I didn't get great deal of time to play around in Unity as I was kind of thrown into learning about motion capture systems and working with C3D data which was a bit of a headache. The only times I dipped into program was to play with the Animator features.



This was just a little exercise to experiment more with unity then I had previously. It still needs some work and friends are pointing out some odd behaviours I've missed so I'm still working to fix those. Plus there's still some things I'd like to play around with further so i'm going to keep updating this prototype when I can.

If you fancy trying out this daft little prototype as it is currently the PC build version can be downloaded from the link below. 
Don't worry it's nothing complicated!

Arrow keys     -     Move
Spacebar        -     Jump

Next new additions on the agenda are opening and closing splash screens, an intro animation to draw the character to the objective, an overall soundtrack and tying sound effects to the cats movements.

If you have any feedback please feel free to drop me a message.
author
Daniel Vaughan
Computer Games Design graduate from South Wales. Enthusiastic gamer, otaku, games journalist, doodler and wannabe animator.