Cammie Animation

Since I designed my OC Cammie, I've always had a plans to animate her or make some short comics featuring her. The little sloth was originally concepted as a mascot for a games and media website (Button Bash Gamers) and as a big gamer myself  I've got this vision of her being an overly excitable and over-energetic gamer. When it comes to outdoors activities well her lazy-sloth nature then takes over. Unfortunately while I always start getting plans together something always comes around to slow the progress.

Recently however I've found the motivation to actually start animating again. Primarily the animations I work are of the short-looping variety such as character animations for character models and sprites or motion effects for web applications. At university I did have a 30-40 second animation of a character a parkouring though a simple hallway and have done some longer motion-capture sequences but little else in terms of telling a short story.


Above is the first of what I am hoping to be a series of short animations featuring Cammie the Sloth and my avatar alter-ego Flatty. The next step is to draw out the animation itself. At present the plan is to either use ClipStudio which I have recently been trialling or Adobe Animate which I am also pretty new to.

The plan is to update this blog post with updates as to my progress regularly.

author
Daniel Vaughan
Computer Games Design graduate from South Wales. Enthusiastic gamer, otaku, games journalist, doodler and wannabe animator.